Our approach to COVID-19 is different. We listened to our elders. By simply listening, we learned that they were deeply concerned about the safety of others. But we also learned that the isolation is overwhelming. Through tears brought on by loneliness we heard, “This is no way to live. I’ve lived a good life, if I die tomorrow, it will be okay.”
That’s why we ensure our seniors continue to enjoy their days with safe social interactions and as little interruption to their routines as possible.
Along with the desire to provide normalcy, we are going above and beyond the latest recommendations from BC’s public health authorities.
- We expanded our errand services.
- Plus, we provide a video chat service to keep families connected. Ask us about it!
- In addition, we hired three additional caregivers to limit contact between clients.
- We have alternative outings for your loved ones to enjoy being outside, including scenic drives and picnics in the park.
- Also, we provide ongoing communication and updates to families. And we welcome your feedback during this process.
- And if you see us in person, we have increased disinfecting of high touch areas in our office, with sanitizer stations and masks available
We also recognize our staff as our most valued asset.
They are the frontline to everyday interactions with our seniors. That’s why we’ve prepared them to keep safely working with our senior and elder clients. We have:
Updated staff training regarding BC guidelines for infection control.
Increased cleaning and disinfecting of high touch areas in the senior’s homes.
and use personal protective equipment (PPE) including gloves, disposable masks and face-shields for each location.
Also, we reinforce communication with staff to stay home if exhibiting any symptoms.
In addition, we provide flexible scheduling to accommodate family matters.
And we are educating all team members regarding the symptoms of Coronavirus to ensure early detection.
And it’s working. Based on our procedures and our small office environment, you can rest assured that we have never had and currently do not have any cases of COVID-19 of either our staff or our clients. We are committed to keeping it that way.
Finally, if you or someone you know is feeling lonely or isolated, please contact us to see how we can help.