One of the major challenges facing families in the western world today is our increased life expectancy, couple with lower birth rates. This results in an aging population who need caring for, with children who are working longer and may not be able to provide the care required.
Many families are faced with the choice of care options: care for their parents themselves, hire a caregiver, or move to a senior care home. The good news is that these options are widely available, and as the industry grows the quality and range of options within each situation is quite high.
The top 5 benefits of senior home care:
- Bespoke service. Using a senior homecare service, you can hire the help that your family requires – no more, no less. Some of our clients have one short visit a week to ‘check in’, while others have 24/hour care to assist with health conditions. You, as a family, explain what is right for you, and following an assessment the senior homecare service provides the best service available, with the luxury of flexibility.
- Professional care. Caregivers are highly trained and experienced in caring for the elderly, so you can feel comfortable that the person caring for your loved one will be very competent.
- Quality time with your loved one. Caregiving can be a very stressful task. Hiring someone to do the ‘care’ work, so you can just focus on enjoying the time you spend together, can lift a huge burden from any family.
- Companionship. Caregivers are a friend and companion to the seniors they look after. Although you may communicate with your senior loved one quite often, a caregiver is one more person in their life whom they can communicate with regularly.
- Quality of life – for everyone. Hiring a caregiver ensures that your senior loved one’s health and quality of life is looked after; but also your own. Caring for a loved one is a big task, especially if you are already juggling careers, family, and your social life.